Everything you need to know about your child's choices at 16 years old
What your child chooses to do after Year 11 can have a big impact on their future. It’s not just about what they study, it’s where they study. And for those that aren’t academic, there are options other than school or college. This guide provides a detailed explanation of all their choices at 16 years old and includes:
- What qualifications are on offer;
- Giving them the best chance of success: which qualifications are better suited to different types of learners;
- Where they can study – the pros and cons of different learning environments depending on the type of student;
- Considerations in making the right choices – both for getting the qualifications and how different qualifications can impact choices at 18 and beyond;
- GCSE results day – what to do if they don’t get the results they need.