The Parents' Guide to Careers: in association with National Careers Week 2021
Whether they’re starting to think about what they might like to do when GCSEs are over or whether they’re 18 and making plans for adulthood, this guide will help you understand what vocational choices your children have, how you can support them and ideas on what they can do now to help them stand out.
This guide includes:
- How to talk your teen about their future;
- Virtual work experience - what it is and why it's so important;
- A summary of all vocational options after GCSE and sixth form;
- Apprenticeships - why they're of value and whether they'd suit your child;
- Other options, such as internships, gap years and starting a business.